Tuesday, January 31, 2017

FocusFirst Coordinator Cover Letter

Grace Gealy
335 Waugh Avenue
New Wilmington, PA 16142
724-856-2882
Grace.Gealy@gmail.com


January 17, 2016

FocusFirst
1901 6th Avenue North,
Birmingham, AL 35203



Dear Hiring Manager:


I am writing to express my interest in the FocusFirst Coordinator position posted on the University of Pittsburgh’s job board. 

I come from a middle class family and I never had to go without food, clothes, or basic healthcare.  However, many of my hometown classmates came from lower income families and did not always have the same comforts that I did.  Experiencing this kind of disparity at a young age motivated me to dedicate my career to ensuring that all children receive equal education and healthcare, which is why I am interested in working with FocusFirst.

While studying abroad in London, I interned with Walkabout Foundation. I worked closely with one of the non-profit’s board members to research available treatments to cure paralysis.  I spent the semester completing research and compiling data.  As a result, I was an integral part in helping the organization create a research action plan.

While interning at the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in Pittsburgh I assisted the organizer of a charity walk.  I contacted local universities to request participation of their mascots as entertainment.  It was extremely rewarding to watch the mascots interacting with the kids.

I am confident that with both my passion for helping those in need and my work experience that I am an excellent candidate for the FocusFirst Coordinator position. Thank you for your time to review and consider my resume.  I can be reached at grace.gealy@gmail.com or (724)856-2882, I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Sincerely,




Grace Gealy

No comments:

Post a Comment